Random Thoughts #4…I think…
It’s been a while since I’ve done a random thoughts, but trust me when I say that what I am about to post is pretty random…Enjoy!
Sunday, April 10, 2011
I have one week left until Lent is over. It’s been trying but worth it. I can get back on site not mentioned to encourage others to do something special for the environment. Earth Day is April 22nd, and every little bit helps. While we recycle as part of our trash pickup these days, it’s still not enough. We should mention other things like how we commute and maybe how we should pick up trash when we see it on the side of the road. Little things help, right?
Last year when I was in an environmental science, I learned that there is an overpopulation going on that is causing damage to the earth. The reason for this is because people are living longer, and people are having too many children; especially teenagers. We keep building and cutting down trees to support our lifestyles. It’s all the extra weight that is eroding the earth, and this is how we will be no more. If we do not heed warnings now, it will be too late; or is it already too late?
That’s enough of that gloomy talk (even though it’s true). I have been busy with writing a few stories on the side. The problem with writing these stories is I live with constant distractions.
There are times where I am capable of drowning out these distractions; and then there are some days where I am so distracted, I can’t even begin to focus drowning it out. Does that make sense?
Surprisingly today, I am able to drown out background noise. Now, if I can only get my mind to focus! LOL.
I’m focused. I’m as focused as I can get for someone that has all these thoughts pouring into her head.
So, as with all my random thoughts, I shall leave you with some words of wisdom I got in an email….I don’t know the origin of it, but it’s good for a laugh.
A random question to go with my random thoughts:
What do you think of my randomness?
Adult Truths ***
1. I think part of a best friend ‘ s job should be to immediately clear
your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you
realize you ‘ re wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn ‘ t want to nap when I was
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I ‘ m pretty
sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the
9. I can ‘ t remember the last time I wasn ‘ t at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at
work when you know that you just aren ‘ t going to do anything
productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I
don ‘ t want to have to restart my collection…again.
13. I ‘ m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks
me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report
that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. I keep some people ‘ s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not
to answer when they call.
15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or
Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
17. I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option.
18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and
19. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just
nod and smile because you still didn ‘ t hear or understand a word they
20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team
up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers
21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get
dirty, and you can wear them forever.
22. Sometimes I ‘ ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still
not know what time it is.
23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car
keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on
the Donkey – but I ‘ d bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from
3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every
24. The first testicular guard, the “Cup,” was used in Hockey in 1874
and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100
years for men to realize that their brain is also important.